The KDP is looking for an energetic social media expert to assist in creating and implementing strategies to improve our online presence. This person will help us manage our social platforms (we currently use Facebook, IG, YouTube, LinkedIn) and help us curate/plan content, calendars and engaging posts.
We’ll want to you promote KDP, downtown Kent, businesses, events, grow brand awareness and increase engagement. You’ll also need to know the Facebook and IG business suite and mechanics of effective paid advertising.
This is contract position envisioned to be 3-7 hours per week (DOE); perfect for someone looking to fill a few hours a month; work remotely and our events.
We’ll need you to exhibit professional-level creativity, analytical, and technical work in developing, implementing, and helping to oversee media to support the KDP’s marketing and communications program.
You’ll catch our attention if you demonstrate the ability to exercise imagination and originality. We need an independent and strategic thinker, who can drive toward action and increase our audience and engagement.
- Help manage and grow KDP’s social media presence.
- Brainstorm and contribute to editorial calendar to draft and create content.
- Create day-to-day postings highlighting events, business partners, and promotions, etc.
- Experience and understanding of Facebook and Instagram advertising.
- Previous experience with both paid and organic social media planning and implementation, metrics and analysis.
- Monitor KDP’s social community and related conversations to promote awareness of, interest in, and travel to historic downtown Kent.
- Analyze effectiveness of posts and make recommendations for improvements.
- Identify, support creation of, and post appropriate videos.
- Develop creative story ideas and gather relevant program and project information from staff for inclusion in social channels and other media efforts.
- Attend KDP events, take and post images, videos, and live content to social media channels.
- Stay up to date on best practices and trends in social media.
- Support special projects and other initiatives as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Professional experience in marketing, advertising, social media, communications, or related field.
- Previous experience handling and growing company social media profiles and campaigns.
- Experience writing clear and interesting articles, social media posts, and other media materials.
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule work independently and maintain work effectiveness.
- Experience and understanding of social media management and reporting platforms.
- Skilled with oral and verbal communication, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary—strong writing and editing skills.
- Work collaboratively.
- Energetic self-starter with good interpersonal skills.
- A keen eye for high-quality visual and written content.
Bonus skills we’d like to see:
- Knowledge of historic downtown Kent community and its assets.
- Photography/video execution and/or editing experience for use on social media.
- Creative, diplomatic, proactive, and energetic personality.
- Anything else you have to offer that we should know about!
Job Type: Contractor, remote, occasional in office. Estimated 3-7 hours per week, DOE
Please include a cover letter, resume, and link(s) to your portfolio and/or previous examples of relevant work. Please email your documents HERE
Inquiries please call 253-813-6976.